Saturday, May 31, 2008

Being Super Cool

I like to consider myself as “cool”.

I mean I smoked weed in high school, I have tattoos, and piercings (my nose and my ears). I’ve dated hot guys. I think. Well I’ve had drunk sex with a couple of hot guys a couple of times. Ok one guy once and it was probably because I wore a really, really tight short skirt and he never called me after, but anyway, not my point.

Back to me being cool.

Not only am I cool, I’m a natural people person. I love people, they intrigue me and when I first meet someone I am always curious as to what their story is. Did she drop out of school and take up stripping to support herself and her baby? Did he end up on the corner because he got spit out of a war without health care and no family relations?

That crazy lady at the coffee shop, we go way back. And that old man in the wheel chair, always wearing his colorful socks and fanny pack is the homie, for real. I don’t know why, but people are attracted to me and me to them.

So it’s no surprise that when I got distracted in the mall the other day, this cutie came up to me and said, “You look lost.”

I normally don’t meet guys like this. And I’m not naïve. I really think that he just happened to see me at the mall all discombobulated and wanted to help out. He wasn’t just at the mall girl hunting.

“Oh no,” I said, kind of laughing. I explained to him that I was frustrated because both of the hair salons in the mall were over booked. I didn’t like the way my lady had cut my hair and wanted to get a quick style before work that night. No such luck.

“Your hair looks fine,” he complemented me.

“I don’t like it,” I said, “but thanks.”

After about ten or twenty minutes of small talk and walking together through the mall, I noticed that we had somehow connected. It was weird. What was even weirder is, at that same moment, he turned to me and said, “I feel like I’ve known you for a long time.”

I felt pretty cool. I gave him my number and forgot about my hair…

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met my husband in a similar interaction.

Whooot!

S X

Laura said...

That is cool!

I find that many random people are attracted to me too....though not the hot, complimentary kind. Usually the creepy annoying kind.

Elizabeth said...

We all have more in comman than not-via the human experience... I really believe that.

Amazon said...

whooooo hooooo!!! Get it girl! You and your fucked up hair;) Seriously though, it's great when you meet someone like that. It gives you hope for mankind, lol.

I met my daughter's father at WalMart. And the guy I'm dating now I met through my Aunt, but I felt like I knew him from the first day. It's been a month so far....

John Barleycorn said...

For some reason -- and nothing personal -- I thought this story was going to end with sex. It's 10am on a Sunday and that's what I'm thinking about. Go figure.

Thanks for the link, p.s. Oh, and it's Look Back In Anger, not Looking Back In Anger. But whatevs. Love you anyway.

Anonymous said...

WW that's a sweet story... maybe cause I carry pokerface a good percentage of the time, this never be happening to me?

Anonymous said...

You my dear are very cool cause my dad and the fiance say so lol. Oh, and I stay popping my collar every chance I get with my big ass afro sometimes too :)

Blank said...

Well that's soo sweet. I would love to meet someone in that manner instead of in some random club over loud music. Maybe he's the one?

The Flyyest said...

you are cool!!!!

i think im pretty cool as well!! LOL

oh and congratulations graduate!!!!! do yo thang!!!!!!

Colleen said...

A helpful and cute guy? Who'd have thunk it? I normally get the creepy weirdos coming up to me but to each their own.

So@24 said...

Good work, Pud. I'm proud of you.

G-Sweet said...

im a pessimist... soooo im gonna bet he's a gay-suicidal-muderer... i mean i could be wrong...lol!

hahaha... but really that sounded like a line...

BUT if it feels right go for it.


speaking of u lookin "lost"... did u notice urself with that same damn look in on of my pics i posted in that blog

12kyle said...

@ MsP
You are cool. LOL

I hope this turns into sumthin. You neva know...

Sabina said...

See, even when you're feeling like you aren't looking too good (the hair situation), everyone recognizes your hotness!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? dont tell me i got to go wandering in a mall looking lost! lol... but thats cool, if dude sane that is.... lets hope things turn out well!!!

Brunhilda said...

Sweet! That definitely proves your coolness; plus your commentary about coolness made me laugh, which is also cool.

Monie said...

Was he cute??? LOL

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Okay first of all wtf @ having 4 collars popped? lol. Second, I think you're pretty cool. I'm not a people person by any means, but they really do interest me. I just like to be intrigued from a distance, loll. Perhaps that is a different level of coolness. Glad ol' dude in the mall was not a weirdo and you guys connected in some way, that's cool.

Stew said...

that damn pic is funny!!!

cool story though. i like hearing people's stories too. difference is that i do not like people that much. people are stupid.

UBERMOUTH said...

When he said that he felt he had known you a long time you missed your chance to hit him up for a loan.

Not so cool , Ms. Pud ! :)

Suite B said...

Yeah that's weird but really super cool that you met a cute boy at the mall.

Porscha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Porscha said...

Oh wha??!!! This is so exciting, and so freakin cool. When stuff happens like that, when you meet someone in a random situation when you weren't even thinking about it, that's the best. I think that might be the best way to meet someone, when you're not looking, ya know?

And about attracting people without trying: gay men love me. I have no idea but I have never been able to shake it. Me and my Boy have been out walking around and a gay man will simply come up to me and say, "You're just fabulous," and my Boy will look at me like, "What the?" It is seriously ridiculous. But I secretly LOVE it.

Eb the Celeb said...

you are super cool Ms.P